REGULATIONS FOR MEN’S DAY PLAY 2023
- START: Men’s Day will start the first Thursday in May and ends Thursday September 28th with starting times beginning at 9:00 and ending at 4:30pm. However, entries may be accepted prior to that time provided at least two players in that group participate in Men’s Day. All players must register and pay at the Pro Shop prior to play.
- TEE TIMES: Tee times for the season can be made at the Pro Shop the last Thursday in April 27th at 8:00 AM, alternating between a player in person and a player calling in on the Pro Shop phone line.
- ENTRY FEES: These will be reviewed annually and published prior to the start of the first Men’s Day of the season. 2023 fees are $11.00 to play including $2.00 for skins.
- DIVISIONS: The field will be divided into 2 Divisions. The White Division will be divided into 4 flights. These flights will be determined weekly. The Red Senior Division which can be played by those who are 65 years or older. The Red Senior Division will normally only be 1 flight. You must decide whether you are going to play white or red tees after 2 weeks of play.
- PRIZES: The total value of the prizes will be dependent on the number of participants. White and Red Division Prizes will be divided equally among the flights with 2 gross and 2 net prizes per flight. All ties for both gross and net will be decided by retrogression (starting with the hardest hole and working backwards).
- SKINS: There will be a skin’s game every Men’s Day. Skin’s will be paid out to each flight.
- RINGER BOARD: A Ringer Board will be maintained throughout the golf season. There will be a ringer board for each flight. The results will be published weekly. Prizes for the season will be awarded at the closing tournament.
- RULES OF PLAY
- Stroke play format using RCGA and local rules. Local rule #9 not in use for Men’s Day.
- All holes must be putted out (no gimmies).
- Full names must be on the score cards.
- Every score will be entered into the Men’s Day computer by the committee. The handicaps generated will be used solely for Men’s Day.
- All players must enter their score in the regular computer.
- Maximum of one round per day between prior to 4:30.
- From 9:00 am till 4:30 pm all male members playing must participate in Men’s Day. Adult male guests of the Men’s Day players cannot participate in Men’s Day competition.
- Juniors with a handicap index of 10 or less are permitted to play in Men’s Day.
- Players with or without guaranteed tee times can only be moved to open tee times by the Pro Shop.
- CLOSING: In order to qualify for the Closing Tournament, you must have played in at least 5 games. This tournament will be scheduled on Saturday October 7th, 2023. The White and Red Senior Divisions will be a shotgun start 4-person team scramble with selection based on handicaps. The entry fee will be reviewed annually and posted prior to the tournament. A meal will be served after the tournament. Anyone participating in less than 10 Men’s Days will be required to pay for the meal. Prizes will be awarded following the meal.
- DONATION: Suggestions for the following year’s donation will be accepted by the committee throughout the playing season. A vote by the Men’s Day Closing Tournament players will be conducted on that closing date.
- REFUNDS: There will be no refunds or cancellation of Men’s Day unless PGCC closes the course for safety and or playing conditions reasons.
- PROCEDURAL CHANGES: Any changes to Men’s Day procedures will be addressed at the Closing Tournament.
Men’s Day Closing 2022
Paragon Men’s Day Results Sept. 14 2023