Local Rules and Procedures
RCGA rules govern all play, except as modified by the following:
- All players are required to check in at the pro shop.
- Out of bounds is denoted by white posts and/or white paint on holes 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 10.
- All players get free relief from all roadways/cart paths on the course – players may
drop within one club length of the nearest point of relief, not nearer the hole. No penalty.
- All flower and shrub beds are mandatory lift – must drop within one club length of
nearest point of relief not nearer the hole. No penalty.
- Players are responsible for repairing ball marks on the green, filling divots with
sand and raking bunkers after play (leaving rake in the bunker).
- Bulkheads (also called retaining walls)- if your ball is next to a bulkhead and it interferes with your swing or stance it is to be treated as an immovable object, may drop within one club length of nearest point of relief not nearer the hole. No penalty.
- Alternate to stroke and distance for a lost ball or out of bounds when no
provisional ball has been played: Determine the point where your ball last crossed the out of bounds line or came to rest on the course and mark that spot with a tee. Then find the nearest edge of the fairway straight across from the first tee that you put into the ground, not nearer the hole, and then put a second tee down. Mark off 2 club lengths toward the fairway side of the second tee and 2 club lengths towards the outside of the first tee you put in the ground(when possible to do so). You may drop a ball anywhere within this relief area for a Penalty of two strokes!
- All water in the “General Area” not inside a penalty area or bunker is to be
considered “Temporary Water”, the player may drop within one club length of the nearest point of relief not nearer the hole. No penalty.
- Each player must have a bag and clubs. No more than 4 players per group.
- No play when frost is present.
- Membership or green fee tag must be displayed on bag.
- No starting on #10 without Pro Shop permission.
- Repair your ball marks on the greens.
- Replace your divots on the course.
- Rake the sand traps.
- Place refuse in containers provided.
- No golf cars or carts within 30 feet of greens.
Avoid slow play at all times:
- If a hole is open ahead of your group and the group behind you is waiting, it’s time to wave them through.
- If you keep the group ahead of you in sight throughout the round, you are avoiding slow play.
Golf spikes must be non-metallic.
Dress attired not allowed on the course:
- Sweat pants, sport shorts, short shorts or cut offs
- Shirts with lewd logos
- Tank tops or halter tops
- Alcohol consumed on course property must be purchased at Paragon.
- Excessive consumption will not be tolerated.