General Manager- Paragon Golf and Country Club
Paragon Golf and Country Club is a semiprivate golf course consisting of 18 of the finest golf holes in the heart of the valley. The course is situated in Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada. Paragon Golf and Country Club is a full featured golf course with all the amenities including tournament banquet hosting.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the operations of Administration Office, Course Superintendent, Pro Shop and our food and beverage services.
The General Manager plans, leads, executes and manages Paragon Golf and Country Club operations in accordance with good golf course management practices, all relevant government regulations and any Administrative or Board
Policies and Procedures. The General Manager is directly responsible to the Board of Directors for the effective management of the course and the fulfillment of its Mission and Objectives.
Knowledge and Skills Required for the Position:
• Post-secondary education in a related field.
• Strong knowledge of golf operations and turf management.
• Strong working knowledge of food and beverage operations, retail and merchandising sectors pertaining to the golf course industry.
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of general accounting.
• Supervisory and leadership experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to implement said skills and meet deadlines.
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
• Has a valid driver’s license, current Criminal Record and Vulnerable Persons Checks.
Strategic Direction and Planning: Develops, with the advice and counsel of the Board of Directors, the overall mission, strategic direction, goals and operating principles of the organization.
• Assumes ultimate accountability for sound financial management and appropriate controls and audits.
• Assumes accountability for the creation of all financial reports and documents.
• Prepares annual budget and submits it to the Board. The Board of Directors then reviews and provides final approval.
• Oversees the marketing of Paragon Golf and Country Club services and promotion of the golf course.
• Responsible for the implementation and administration of the finances, policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible of administering all golf course operations through daily, weekly and long-range plans, goals and objectives.
• Communicates the mission, values and operating principles of the organization to employees, members and guests.
• Provides reports and related information as required to the Board of Directors, other designated organizations and the regulatory agencies.
• Represents Paragon Golf and Country Club to the golf industry and to the general public.
Operations and Services:
• Provides overall direction for the golf course operations on a daily basis and in accordance with the Board of Directors approved strategic plan.
• Participates in all Board of Directors approved decisions of strategic importance.
• Ensures that appropriate policies and procedures are in place and being used.
• Ensures that all practices comply with applicable laws and licensing agreements.
• Ensures that staff complete all mandatory records and reports.
• Develops, communicates, facilitates, and encourages an organized culture conducive to the achievement of Paragon Golf and Country Club’s goals and operating principles.
• Develops and maintains relationships with the course’s membership and the public.
• Provides leadership to the organization in team building and motivation of employees.
• Oversees approved plans for the hiring, training, development and retention of Paragon Golf and Country Club’s staff.
• Ensures that job descriptions are prepared for all job positions.
• Prepares annual performance appraisals for all supervisor positions.
Liaison with Board of Directors:
• Serves as the liaison which all relevant matters pertaining to the activities of Paragon Golf and Country Club are channeled to the Board of Directors for appropriate oversight and approval. Implements the Board of Directors decisions and communicates these decisions to key personnel.
• Communicates to the Board of Directors all key aspects of the operation of Paragon Golf Club and recommended improvements on a monthly basis.
• Performs other tasks as directed by the Board of Directors.
The Club will be offering a competitive compensation package based on the applicant’s education and experience.
Deadline for resumes is Sunday May 9th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
President of Paragon Golf and Country Club